The Bible is the single most important book ever written.
This book is foundational to just about everything mankind will ever know or accomplish. It has directly led to massive undertakings of good will and charity. Because of this book, great projects have been undertaken, hospitals have been built, multitudes fed and clothed and orphanages founded. And that's just the social impact!
The spiritual impact affects eternity!
There are 7368 known languages in our world today. Only 701 of those languages have a complete Bible. There are 1550 languages with a New Testament.
There are 2736 languages where the Bible translation has begun and 2036 with NO scripture in their language at all!
We want to change that!
Our Oklahoma Baptist Bible Fellowship is focused on our Bible Translation Project!
Having access to God’s Word in someone’s language deeply impacts everything!
With more than 7000 languages in the world, it’s staggering to realize more than 90% of those people groups don’t have a full Bible in their language.
We want to change that…at least for one people group!
Let’s do for one what we wish we could do for everyone.
We can’t do everything but we can do something.
Seed Company is a subsidiary organization of Wycliffe USA which specializes in bringing the Bible to people who have never had God’s Word in a language they understand.
They serve the local church by providing training, consulting, funding, and project management that leads to a meaningful, accurate translation in the local heart language.
How does this happen? Here are some short videos to show your church.
The Manyika people of Zimbabwe is the people group we have targeted to help.
There is a page included that introduces you to the Manyika people.
This project will provide the Word of God in the familiar, understandable, acceptable forms that have the potential to transform lives.
The translation teams will start with the “JESUS” film and Gospel of Luke. This opens the door for them to understand the plan of salvation through Christ.
The goal is to start with Mark, Luke, Acts and Romans in print and audio.
It also provides guidelines for living by God’s Word that will bring life and cultural transformations as faith and spiritual disciplines are adopted and practiced. Faith will deepen, and Christian character will develop as people gain a clearer understanding of Scripture.
There are at best count there are nearly half a million people in the Manyika people group.
The total need to complete this translation work is $130, 255.00.
We have $52,000 and the remaining need is $78,255.
The further challenge is that many of those folks can’t read so they need an audio witness. We are going to use Faith Comes By Hearing organization to accomplish this.
Our plan: Raise $78,255.00 by Easter 2023!
How will we do this?
1. Pray for God to provide.
2. Budget a portion of Missions Budget
3. Special offerings at Christmas, Easter, VBS, Missions Conference and/or other fundraisers. We have seen great involvement by advertising this project and having special prayer times for it. Ten churches giving $7800 will cover it. You will be surprised how the people get behind it. It will take the pastor stepping out to lead it.
4. Goal is to have it raised by Easter 2023.
5. We will invite the Seeds team leader to Oklahoma to present the check to them.
6. Send a team to Zimbabwe to be with a missionary and see the Manyika people to present a Bible gift to the leadership.
6. Celebrate the fact they have the Scripture in their language.
7. Praise the Lord together for the accomplishment!